Tuesday 31 December 2013

Another year has passed!




 I want to avoid the statement, "as one door closes, another opens". Life is a journey, a marathon, a continuation. Yes, there are beginnings and endings, but collectively, the events/milestones/relationships we experience contribute to developing our identity and who we are as people. This year, I have stepped out of my comfort zone, overcame challenges, developed new relationships, nurtured old ones, reaffirmed my faith, and learned what it means to be other-person centered. I look back and can confidently say that I am filled with a sense of contentment for another wonderful year that God has blessed me with. 

On a random note, this year, the babies born in the year 2000 are 13-yrs-old! I remember being in assembly in primary school where they handed us out medallions encased in plastic to commemorate the beginning of a millennium. How time flies! :) 


This year, a bunch of friends went to Chibi's house to hang out on NYE. I'm so thankful for this group of people and just some time to chillax before the climatic 12:00. We had some snacks, played singstar, watched the boys play tekken, had a chat on the balcony and watched dodgeball. 


Countdown to 2014!!


We have our fair share of arguments, misunderstandings and conflicts (NYE was no exception), but he is so special to me. I hope that together, we can learn to be more loving, patient, sacrificial and accepting in 2014. :)