Tuesday 4 February 2014

What's been going on these days?

These couple of weeks have been fairly eventful, with things to do and places to go (as compared to other holidays where I get bored). I was scrolling through Facebook and found a page called Rik Lee Illustration. This person is an amazing artist who features realistic drawings of females, tattoos, animals. Taking a particular linking towards the style, I decided to see if I could replicate one of the simpler pictures. 

I hadn't picked up a pencil to do a proper drawing in years, so it was a hit/miss kind of thing. It turned out alright - I didn't need to use a rubber yay! If I had, I would've fixed up the eyes instead of drawing on top of my mistakes haha it looks like she has really thick eyeliner! Nonetheless, I enjoyed this activity and decided to do more these holidays. 


The next day I woke up and just started drawing!



   This sketch turned into a watercolour artwork! I went to get watercolour pencils to colour it in and paint over it. I think it turned out quite well! :) 

I can identify with 'the hermit' - enjoying staying at home, chilling, reading with
a cup of hot chocolate/tea :)
Jeffy and I replicated the same picture as a competition haha. We clearly have different artistic styles, so it was
interesting to see how the picture would turn out. 
---------

It was also CNY a couple of days ago, so J and I decided to head off to have yumcha and visit our Chinese roots. There weren't many people there (as children have gone back to school), so it was a stress-free situation!


My favourite egg tart - crispy and buttery :D



The arrival of February brought about a sense of excitement as my mum's birthday approaches. I suggested to organise a celebration with her friends, and she happily agreed. She's always been a fan of Hong Kong style BBQ, so we decided to have a test run in our backyard. We borrowed the BBQ from our friend and got some firestarters going. It actually went really well, as we could test things out and get a great meal out of it. The menu consisted of sausages, meat + cuttlefish balls, crab sticks, chicken wings + drumsticks, prawns, pork, steak topped off with honey + lemon lime bitters. We had a lot of fun!





Charles came along after his own dinner and we had a nice time :) He was matching clothes with Jeffy
(on accident haha)

Jeffy is looking for a new car to buy and found a potential car online. Today we went to the seller's home to check out the car. It was a very good drive performance-wise, but in terms as aesthetics, not as nice as the Type R. We decided to use this trip as an opportunity to visit the beach and get some sunshine!