Thursday 9 January 2014

A chill day together


I've been trying to invest more effort in my creativity and here was a preliminary effort. J and I decided to have a chill day today (I've had a big week with family friends over). 

J and I are trying to go swimming once a week to keep our exercise level up. Today he taught me better techniques for the freestyle stroke. Apparently have to: 
a) Push one shoulder forward at a time instead of keeping both at the same level. 
b) Make sure my hand isn't flat when it hits the water - point it down so it slides into the water effortlessly 
c) Make sure my forearm isn't externally rotating beyond my elbow so my hand doesn't have to go too far up (creating an awkward position) 
d) Keep my hips in the same position and only turning my upper body when raising my arms

I discovered that using these techniques, I swam much faster and got tired slower! I'm keen to practice more and get it right eventually.



HAKATAYA for lunch :) I ordered a Shio Spicy Mien - much better than the Karaka Mien that Jeffy usually orders (too spicy). The Shio has a seafood soup base that was less spicy than the Karaka and not too bland like the original flavour. I will order this next time. 



Of course afterwards I did a bit of shopping - bought a cropped cardi that I've been looking for for ages, some milk and a basic black singlet for layering. I'm running out of money these days, but I'm sure I'll earn it back when I start working at the special school later on.