Tuesday 7 January 2014

This week of holidays

On Saturday night, the trio went to Casamia Paris for dessert. Chibi joked around how he didn't like sweet stuff, so I made it a point to bring him there one time. We ordered a creme brulee and had a nice deep chat. It's good to have this once in a while.  


On Sunday, a bunch of us chilled at Ray's house and swam. I decided to be an introvert and read. Jeff was a genius and suggested hotpot. I know! It was so hot but we decided to anyways. No-one thought it was a good idea, but when we started eating, EVERYONE THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA. Even Borthi who isn't asian at all. hehehe. Chibi bought weiss bars for us to eat afterwards. The night was filled with laughter and .. oh yeah I cut chilli and rubbed my eyes so.. the night was filled with tears as well haha. I got it out eventually - Thank God! :) Jeffy was so good to me and looked after me so well by being with me and bringing me tissues to wipe the water out of my eyes and asking how I am. hehe 

Borthi (church) introduced me to a series by Veronica Roth. It's about a girl called Tris who lives in a dystopian society which is split up into factions. Each faction represents a particular personality trait - Abnegation (selflessness), Dauntless (courage), Erudite (knowledge), Candor (truth), and Amity (peace). When every child turns 16, they take a test which is an indicator of their aptitude, which will help them decide which faction to choose. They must undertake a series of tasks "initiation", and their performance determines if they have a place in their chosen faction. If they fail, they will become factionless - doomed to live in poverty for the rest of their lives with no role or purpose. As the story goes, Tris uncovers corruption within the factions and accumulates secrets which threaten her life and the life of others.


On Tuesday, family friends came to stay with us for a couple of holidays. We took them to a park we used to play in as kids to reminisce and take some photos. 





Afterward, dad took us to drink some coffee/lemonade (for us), at a coffee store. According to my dad, their coffee could've been made better. Nonetheless, I found the decor of the place very appealing and cute :)