Monday 27 January 2014

A new start to a new year

Hard work produces nice results. In this situation, this was the case. It took me days to move furniture, wipe dust off everything, buy storage boxes, find space for storage, move everything into storage, chuck things away, vacuum and take photos, because quite frankly, I'm a hoarder. When I sort through my stuff, I'd say less than 20% of it actually gets thrown away (which is already pretty good). These couple of days have been tiring, cleaning constantly and having my parents pester me about getting it done just because they don't like the sight of things in the corridor/on my floor. 

Alas, I have completed my job, with the help of my trusty boyfriend Jeffy. He did all the stuff guys do (e.g. tightening handles on my old desk, moving my bookshelf, build the desk + bookshelf). 


I LOVE the bookshelf that the desk attaches to! Such a nice and simple way to display my things and have them
close without having to clutter my workspace! I used the Rejoice cup (courtesy of Huldah and BD) to hold my
stationary, and an organiser frame thing from Muji to hold random things that aren't pens (e.g. cute totoro!)

The two empty spaces below are for my uni books for when I start. 

Down below to store random things.
The holes in the bookshelf is so convenient for cords to reach my power bar. 

I decided to hang fairy lights that my friend Borthi gave me for Christmas!
They're so pretty to look at with lights off.


This dish was $1 from a garage sale! What a bargain. It's holding my earrings now :) 



All in all, getting this desk was a good idea, and I'm so glad it could FINALLY happen. 
I'm ready for study now!!!