Thursday 9 January 2014

This week... continued!

Today (wednesday), our family friends decided to go to go-karting. Not my thing - plus it's a waste to pay $70 for a few 10 minute rounds when I can already drive. My mum and brother shared the same opinion, so we just chilled at home. I read my book and when it was time for lunch, we went to Kingsfood. 

Here is my drink. I have developed a new liking to milk tea with grass jelly. The texture is so unique! I think I will buy it every week on Sunday now.





That day family friends from our old church cell group came over for a reunion. I couldn't stay for very long because I had to go to small group at Kwany's. We combined groups with Mel and Jason's for a summer series of Ecclesiastes. I was a happily surprised at the turnout. I'm glad to be mixing with another group and having more people participating rather than like 2:2 ratio (leader:member) haha. 

After SG, I went to visit Jeffy on his close. I took some photos (which I haven't uploaded) to remember his time here. He says more management is taking over his store, so they have priority in terms of hours. Looks like it's time to find a FT job! :) 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

On Thursday, we went to up to the mountains for a gallery walk. I love this place because there are lots of unique shops and buildings around. Here is a breakfast in bed hotel. 



This was parked outside one of the shops - I'm sure motorcycle enthusiasts would love to see one of these :D So strong and steady.. and well... ducati! :) 



Up here in the mountains, it's much cooler (I had a cardi but it was still freezing!) so the roses grow better. How beautiful is God's creation!


I thought this bookstore was pretty cute. It had lots of different books - novels, cookbooks, fairytale books, diaries, books to express appreciation to a sister/mother etc., travel books. Not the conventional books you find in a bookstore I have to say. I found a macaron book which I was tempted to buy but didn't (it was $25).



It was getting late and we were all pretty hungry by the time we started looking for a place to eat. The restaurant where our family usually goes to happened to be closed on Thursdays. We had a look at another place but it was ridiculously priced for the mediocre food that they served. We were left with George's Paragon (not complaining!). Our guests hadn't heard of this place before, so it was interesting to try it out. I had always wanted to go there since everybody keeps on raving about their amazing seafood. 

The food did not disappoint! I ordered a garlic prawn - all the elements were cooked to perfection! The prawns were flavoursome, tender and most importantly gutless. The chips were not too thick or thin and crispy as, and the rice was complimented well by the spinach and creamy white wine sauce. It's safe to say that everyone enjoyed their meal. :)  




Next, we went to the Natural Bridge. When we arrived, I recognised it immediately because two years ago after Refresh, a group of us BCACers visited this place. As I got out of the car, I was immediately greeted with a freshness in the air. YAY :) 





Hello Mr Turkey.

We travelled home, and I went to worship rehearsal. It was very brief (alex style) and we sat down for some ice-cream afterwards. It was nice having Harry and Rizzo around. Mikey lent me some Wii games for tomorrow, and when I left, I found that my shoe was missing. When we found it, a piece of it was chewed off.. I wonder who it was (Rizzo has a particular liking for women's shoes haha). Becki was so nice and gave me a pair of thongs to go home :)