Thursday 23 January 2014

Ikea - the one stop shop

I've thought long and hard about this - to desk, or not to desk? That is the question. I have decided to get it, for several reasons: a) I've wanted an external monitor for a while (my mac is not big enough to open many articles and documents especially when I am working on an assignment) and my current desk is not deep enough to fit one, b) it's aesthetic and functional (will hold all my stuff), c) I need a change. I bought the expedit in white, so it'll look different to the picture below.


I finally took the step to get someone to come pick up my old desk so now there's a gap in my room - it's kind of good to have more space, but I'm very keen to start assembling the new desk. I'm doing a massive cleanup this week and putting old things away into storage. Getting ready for a new year!

Right/top: J being a man and doing the heavy lifting.
Bottom: We couldn't resist ($1 for each item) - I gotta say, Ikea knows
how to do business. It's a win win situation really.

So happy it's finally happening!!!!

After ikea, we went to DR Lee's house to have lunch. He's so hospitable and cooked for a bunch of us. Here is his classic udon with bak choi and balls.